Welcome to the Madison Public Library! We are proud to be a resource for our community.
- The Mission of the Madison Public Library, primarily a tax-supported resource, is to provide informational, educational, and recreational services, materials and programs to users of all ages.
- Maintain a reference and information center for the service area
- Create a children’s door to reading for pleasure and life-long learning
- Provide popular and recreational materials for persons of all ages
- Complement needed resources for area student population
- Serve as a site for display of outstanding artist’s work and provide cultural programming for community enlightenment.
On March 6, 1934, a library board consisting of one member from several clubs met at the school to form a public library in Madison. Rev. McDonald, pastor for the Christian Church and also the Lions Club representative, became the first president of the board. This group scheduled a book drive for March 12, 13, and 14. Representatives from nearby school districts canvassed their localities for books and funds. The library board canvassed the business district for donations of money.
Board of Directors & Library Staff
Madison Public Library
110 S 1st St
Madison, KS 66860
Sunday, Monday: CLOSED
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10am - 4pm
Thursday: 10am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 1pm